Now that Strictly Come Dancing has taken over our Saturday nights, it’s time to sharpen up our TV dinner game. Every-thing on this menu can be prepared well ahead of time so that you don’t miss a second of the samba.
My speedy salsa is made with a jar of roasted peppers (an instant time saver), blitzed with chillies, tomatoes and herbs. It’s ready in moments and best served with tortilla chips so everyone can get dunking fast.
The chicken, preserved lemon and olive tray bake is inspired by my favourite Moroccan tagine and is packed full of flavour.
It’s simple to make, too; just bung everything into a tray, pour over a little stock spiked with fragrant saffron and warming ginger, and let the oven do all the hard work. Finish off with my gooey chocolate and cherry brownies, served with ice cream and a drizzle of tahini.
Don’t worry – there’s no need for any stoning of cherries here. I use frozen ones, which make it effortless.
Quick red pepper salsa with tortilla chips
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ½ red onion, halved
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, halved
- 200g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- a large handful of parsley leaves
- tortilla chips, to serve
- Put the onion and chilli into a food processor and give them a good blast to break down.
- Squeeze the seeds out of the tomatoes and pop the flesh into the processor. Add the peppers, pomegranate molasses, parsley and a good pinch of salt, and pulse together until you have a chunky salsa.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately, with tortilla chips for scooping.